Nueva tirada Carnivore2 MSX

carmeloco
Agradecimiento recibido: 432 veces

Re: Tirada Carnivore2 MSX

Mensajepor carmeloco » 03 May 2017 22:37

Último mensaje de la página anterior:

Pues nada, ya tengo respuesta y un cabreo importante. Se retrasa todo hasta que lleguen los nuevos chips de flash. La placa no se puede montar con otros chips, que no sean los que ellos han usado, ya que usar otros (como por ejemplo los míos) implicaría tener que cambiar, no solo el firmware del Altera, si no también las utilidades de manejo de la placa.
Entiendo que no pueden hacer dos vías de desarrollo, teniendo que cambiar tantas cosas, ya que cada actualización, implicaría hacerla de forma doble, pero me he cogido un cabreo de tres pares de huevos, porque realmente, yo no me he equivocado. En la lista de componentes, no se especificaba esto (ahora lo han corregido). En fin, es lo que pasa cuando se mete uno en un proyecto recién iniciado. Habrá que tener paciencia, y esperar a que lleguen los nuevos chips.

gabrielg
Agradecimiento recibido: 1 vez

Mensajepor gabrielg » 05 May 2017 03:56

Hola me apunto con una, si es posible

carmeloco

Mensajepor carmeloco » 05 May 2017 05:29

gabrielg escribió:Hola me apunto con una, si es posible

Apuntado!

Alexey
Agradecimiento recibido: 2 veces

Mensajepor Alexey » 28 May 2017 01:05

I am Wierzbowsky, the coordinator of the RBSC group, the creator of Carnivore2 hardware. Carmeloco, you are planning to sell UNAUTHORIZED Carnivore2 cartridges and DIY kits and you are in violation of our license agreement that clearly states:

The RBSC provides all the files and information for free, without any liability (see the disclaimer.txt file). The provided information, software or hardware must not be used for commercial purposes unless permitted by the RBSC. Producing a small amount of bare boards for personal projects and selling the rest of the batch is allowed without the permission of RBSC.

The only authorized entity that can produce our hardware at the moment is 8bits4ever shop (http://www.8bits4ever.com/). They contacted us and made an agreement about Carnivore2 production. I have no idea why you decided to make money on our hardware without asking our permission. This is unprofessional. I cant stop you, but I would like to announce, that our group will not support any unauthorized Carnivore2 cartridges.

carmeloco

Mensajepor carmeloco » 28 May 2017 01:46

Alexey escribió:I am Wierzbowsky, the coordinator of the RBSC group, the creator of Carnivore2 hardware. Carmeloco, you are planning to sell UNAUTHORIZED Carnivore2 cartridges and DIY kits and you are in violation of our license agreement that clearly states:

The RBSC provides all the files and information for free, without any liability (see the disclaimer.txt file). The provided information, software or hardware must not be used for commercial purposes unless permitted by the RBSC. Producing a small amount of bare boards for personal projects and selling the rest of the batch is allowed without the permission of RBSC.

The only authorized entity that can produce our hardware at the moment is 8bits4ever shop (http://www.8bits4ever.com/). They contacted us and made an agreement about Carnivore2 production. I have no idea why you decided to make money on our hardware without asking our permission. This is unprofessional. I cant stop you, but I would like to announce, that our group will not support any unauthorized Carnivore2 cartridges.

OK. I misunderstood the agreement. I think that I can make a small quantity of boards. I dont want to make any business with this. I want 2 boards for me, and I maked the rest for the guys of the spanish forums. This guys, dont knows to mount SMD boards, and they asked me if I can mount the boards for them. The price, includes the the materials of the board, the shipment to spain, and a little prize for mount the board. I mount the boards manually, and I take a entire day for mount one board. This is not a work for me. This is an entertainment for me, and a way to get this fantastic project to more people. When I started this, there was no distributor, and some people without the knowledge of mount SMD boards, couldnt enjoy the project. Now, I buyed all the materials, and I need to sell the boards for recover the investment.
If I broken the agreement, I apologize for it. It was not my intention.
At all times I wanted to collaborate in everything that was within my reach, as betatester, notifying mounting problems, as the problem with the flash chip that was not correctly described in the partslist, and now Im testing the board in many computers, and I see that dont works well on a Philips VG-8020, and with Aleste game I dont hear the FMPAC music in a NMS-8245.

What is the way to correct the problem with the agreement?

mj8bit
Agradecimiento recibido: 20 veces

Mensajepor mj8bit » 28 May 2017 08:09

No puedo creer que Alexey y su grupo piensen que estas lucrandote por montar unas pocas placas. Si les ha caído mal esta tirada, para que presumen de "Do-It-Yourself project"? No entiendo a que juega y me parece una falta de madurez.

ron
Agradecimiento recibido: 4752 veces

Mensajepor ron » 28 May 2017 08:18

¿ y esto ?

Había entendido que era un proyecto OPEN. Sería lamentable que siendo un proyecto abierto hayan visto que hay pasta de por medio y al ver que se hace una micro tirada, volvemos a las andadas del polcaco, del vendeostras y de venir a RW a plasmar una queja.

Sinceramente, no entiendo nada.

carmeloco

Mensajepor carmeloco » 28 May 2017 08:52

Pues yo te digo a que juega. Resulta que el "agreement" no es nada claro. Dice que puedes hacer una "pequeña tirada" para ti (pero no especifica cuantas unidades es una "pequeña tirada"), y puedes vender el resto. Yo interpreté que puedes vender el resto montadas, pero no, resulta que solo puedes vender el resto, sin montar. De los que han pedido una ¿alguno se atreve a montarla?

Ben-kenobi
Agradecimiento recibido: 42 veces

Mensajepor Ben-kenobi » 28 May 2017 09:13

Carmelo , hecha la ley ... si es asi , mandalas sin montar , luego que la manden a un amigo del foro que empieza por car y termina por loco y ya sin ninguna vinculacion lo monta.

carmeloco

Mensajepor carmeloco » 28 May 2017 09:17

He enviado un MP a los que se han apuntado.

kikems
Agradecimiento recibido: 3112 veces

Mensajepor kikems » 28 May 2017 09:58

Desde mi ignorancia esto es un poco raro, ¿ un proyecto abierto pero que no lo es ?, ¿ el proyecto está abierto, pero no puedes juntar a unos usuarios para hacer una tirada conjunta para unificar gastos ?, no lo entiendo se queda a medio camino de nada. Me suena a algo así como, el proyecto es privado pero lo hago aparentemente abierto para quedar bien.

Pow!
Agradecimiento recibido: 355 veces

Mensajepor Pow! » 28 May 2017 10:15

A mi me suena a "tiro el anzuelo y cuando la gente lo esté montando les pido mi parte"
Esas ganancias hay que repartirlas:

A Sunrise,por el IDE
A Konami,por el SCC
A Panasonic,por el FM MSXMusic
A mi,porque yo he venido a hablar de mi libro.

ron
Agradecimiento recibido: 4752 veces

Mensajepor ron » 28 May 2017 10:24

y más cuando no hay ánimo de lucro, esto no se hace para que nadie gane pasta a costa de ayudar a los usuarios.
pero... no comprendo porque NO aclaran de mano cuales son sus políticas, licencia y mira, simplemente me parece que este comportamiento es el mismo que el polcaco, cuando se presentó en RW tal elefante entrando en una cacharrería amenazando con abogados porque estábamos hablando de hacernos nuestra propia emuladora de floppies.

Todo esto no tiene un pijo de gracia, simplemente me parece que todo dios quiere meter cuchara en taza ajena.

Alexey
Agradecimiento recibido: 2 veces

Mensajepor Alexey » 28 May 2017 12:07

Guys, what are you talking about? And what is not clear about the statement that one "can make a batch of BARE boards for himself and sell the rest of the batch"? I think this is pretty clear - ordered some bare boards for yourself, sell the rest to cover the costs. Assembled a cartridge for yourself, make a few for the friends. But what I am seeing is a public announcement of the intention to produce a batch of cartridges for anyone who wants it. Also dont tell me about "no profit". The parts for the cartridge cost maximum 30-35 euros. So what is the remaining 60 euros if not profit?

The project is indeed open, but we discourage the commercial usage of it. But we do not prohibit it. All it takes is to contact us and discuss the options. We prefer that the manufacturing is done by the company/person who has previous experience in building and selling of similar hardware. So we chose 8bits4ever to be our manufacturer. Of course we will not stop Carmeloco from producing a batch of cartridges. But we need to discuss a few issues with him first. Stay tuned.

carmeloco

Mensajepor carmeloco » 28 May 2017 12:41

Alexey escribió:Guys, what are you talking about? And what is not clear about the statement that one "can make a batch of BARE boards for himself and sell the rest of the batch"? I think this is pretty clear - ordered some bare boards for yourself, sell the rest to cover the costs. Assembled a cartridge for yourself, make a few for the friends. But what I am seeing is a public announcement of the intention to produce a batch of cartridges for anyone who wants it. Also dont tell me about "no profit". The parts for the cartridge cost maximum 30-35 euros. So what is the remaining 60 euros if not profit?

The project is indeed open, but we discourage the commercial usage of it. But we do not prohibit it. All it takes is to contact us and discuss the options. We prefer that the manufacturing is done by the company/person who has previous experience in building and selling of similar hardware. So we chose 8bits4ever to be our manufacturer. Of course we will not stop Carmeloco from producing a batch of cartridges. But we need to discuss a few issues with him first. Stay tuned.

I send you and e-mail and a PM.

kikems

Mensajepor kikems » 28 May 2017 13:04

Alexey escribió:Guys, what are you talking about? And what is not clear about the statement that one "can make a batch of BARE boards for himself and sell the rest of the batch"? I think this is pretty clear - ordered some bare boards for yourself, sell the rest to cover the costs. Assembled a cartridge for yourself, make a few for the friends. But what I am seeing is a public announcement of the intention to produce a batch of cartridges for anyone who wants it. Also dont tell me about "no profit". The parts for the cartridge cost maximum 30-35 euros. So what is the remaining 60 euros if not profit?

Hi Alex im the admin of this forum, you are welcome, and we appreciate your opinion like any other user from this forum. Thanx for posting and to help to clarify the situation, cheers to us to see that Carmeloco is arranged to solve any idea with which you do not agree.
Thanks for your contribution with the comunity and open your project to help that all msx lovers have a good solution at reasonable price.

kikems

Mensajepor kikems » 28 May 2017 13:07

Bueno me alegra ver la buena voluntad de ambas partes para solucionar el mal entendido, os pido paciencia y no verter más opiniones al respecto en este hilo, hasta que lleguen a un acuerdo para evitar perturbar su negociación.. Podría cerrar el hilo, pero no lo voy a hacer ya que confío en todos vosotros.
Podéis poner lo que queráis , pero espero que nada que cuestione la buena voluntad de Alex o Carmeloco o contribuya a tener mal entendidos, ya que Alex imagino que estará usando un traductor automático y todos sabemos las malas jugadas que un traductor puede pasar en situaciones así.

Carmeloco, te pido que nos mantengas informados de la negociación y el progreso de las mismas. Que sepas que desde aquí todos estamos interesados en que se resuelva el asunto y puedas ayudar a otros usuarios proporcionando esas placas con el visto bueno del autor.

Volver a “Hardware MSX”