Rygar pixel perfect Amiga version

metsämies
Agradecimiento recibido: 15 veces

Re: Rygar pixel perfect Amiga version

Mensajepor metsämies » 11 Mar 2019 20:08

Último mensaje de la página anterior:

Then following this theory SOTB series and many other games are imposible to do on a500.
Amiga ennen kaikkea!

mcgeezer

Mensajepor mcgeezer » 11 Mar 2019 20:26

metsämies escribió:Then following this theory SOTB series and many other games are imposible to do on a500.

All of those games were built around the Amiga's hardware (strengths, limitations and weaknesses).

In same configuration an A500 can display 16 colours foreground and 4 colours background - not enough for a Rygar port.

jltursan
Agradecimiento recibido: 437 veces

Mensajepor jltursan » 11 Mar 2019 20:47

The A1200 does not support the configuration in hardware, but with clever colour palette manipulation and blitting the 3 background bitplanes you can achieve the result.

Too good to be true!; so it's not a real dual-playfield mode, it's just a matter of palette color ordering and some "brute force". Thanks for clarifying this trick!

If I'm not wrong, then I remember myself using similar tricks programming a tech-demo. As I think is still in my assembly code disks, I'll try to find it and recording a video. It was nearly 30 years ago!

EDIT: Oh, yes, it's done, what a blast from the past!. Btw, I've also uploaded the sources for anyone brave enough to give them a look...

https://youtu.be/OYwsoI7A3x4

metsämies

Mensajepor metsämies » 11 Mar 2019 21:03

mcgeezer escribió:
metsämies escribió:Then following this theory SOTB series and many other games are imposible to do on a500.

All of those games were built around the Amiga's hardware (strengths, limitations and weaknesses).

Yes, because is the only way to exploit the power of Amiga over other systems, apart from that, congratulations for your port.
Amiga ennen kaikkea!

Volver a “Amiga”