NEWDOS/80 con una sola disquetera y 128K para Model IV

ron
Agradecimiento recibido: 4752 veces

Re: Clonando el NEWDOS/80 con una sola disquetera.

Mensajepor ron » 26 Ene 2013 13:54

Último mensaje de la página anterior:

Bueno bueno, esta tarde probaré unos apaños con unidades de 3 " 1/2 y manaña se viene el Dr. Walken de visita a la retrocrypta con juguetes nuevos para el TRS-80. Sin duda es uno de los equipos que más me está haciendo aprender, es que lo que tiene detrás y dentro en cuanto a su idiosincrasia es muy fuerte.

Si JL, gracias por "matizar" lo de los equipos Gate Array, la verdad que la familia del TRS-80 es todo un universo en si mismo. Alucinante

http://cn80.blogspot.com.es/

ron

Mensajepor ron » 26 Ene 2013 19:00

Antes de abrir un nuevo hilo ( ya lo haré mañana xD ) quisiera que vierais esta guía:

HOW TO INSTALL 3.5" STANDARD IBM FLOPPY DRIVES IN A RADIO SHACK MODEL III OR MODEL IV

Model4_35_Drives.rar
(121.44 KiB) Descargado 4413 veces

Ya me había comentado JLTurSan que la clave estaba en el cable, pero que de escribir nada. Voy a ver si amplío algo de información. El PDF está interesante.

Imagen 1.png
Imagen 1.png (39.11 KiB) Visto 4025 veces

Imagen 2.png
Imagen 2.png (79.21 KiB) Visto 4023 veces

ron

Mensajepor ron » 26 Ene 2013 19:08

Silicebit escribió:roo-ooonn, ronceeeee-teeee -harp, el profesor Walken dispone, para tu regocijo y el de tu TRS-80, de lo siguiente.

Solo hay dos que me dais caña: ( hay más pero es que sino me dais de palos ... ijjiijjiijji )

Silicebit: roo-ooonn, ronceeeee-teeee
garillete: roo-ooonn, rooneeroooooooo

Tengo para los dos.

Yes Walken
Quien dijo Galletas !

Ahora momento de suspense: Luego vuelvo y cuento como ha ido la primera aproximación. Estoy con la parte de PC / con DOS en la que probando y probando voy a ver como puedo hacer volcados de imagen de disco de TRS80 a floppy real. Con que el TRS80 pueda leerlos ya tengo casi conseguido darle de comer sin demasiado sufrimiento, lo importante es que todo lo que pueda pasar a floppy desde PC y que el TRS80 lo pueda leer, es susceptible de ser pasado a 5 1/4 ya desde el propio TRS80.

Imagen 3.png
Imagen 3.png (53.05 KiB) Visto 4024 veces

Inmersión.... glub glub !!!

ron

Mensajepor ron » 26 Ene 2013 19:30

A mi en cuestión este modelo no me gusta, pierde todo su encanto.

M4D 4DRVS.jpg

Las que publicó JLTurSan son mucho mejores, estéticamente claro y de funcional, a ver que dicen aquí:

As 5-1/4" disks become harder to find and 5-1/4" disk drives that work are even harder to find. Many of our subscribers have changed to 3-1/2" 720K disk drives.

Not only are the double-density 3-1/2" disks fairly easy to acquire, there hard jacket makes them more resistant to damage.

Installing a 3-1/2" dirve is not difficult in a Model 4, for Mod 4s and 4Ps the signal cable will need to be changed and a kit used to fill the space of the 5-1/4" disks. These kits come with a power cable to convert from the large moldex 4 pin connector to the smaller 4 pin power connector on the 3-1/2".

There is no need to change any of your software or operating system disks. Any of the Model III and 4 software boots and operates the 3-1/2" disks. Although you do need to use double-density disks and not the high density 1.44 disks.

http://cn80.blogspot.com.es/

http://home.online.no/~kr-lund/Floppy.htm

ron

Mensajepor ron » 26 Ene 2013 20:00

ron

Mensajepor ron » 26 Ene 2013 21:21

JL !! A ver si me recuerdas que programa usabas para pasar DSK a floppy !!!! GRACIAS 1 MIllón !

ron

Mensajepor ron » 26 Ene 2013 21:29

Ostia !

http://vecoven.com/trs80/trs80.html

TRS-80 hard drive emulator

img_1218.jpg
img_1218.jpg (55.14 KiB) Visto 4675 veces

http://vecoven.com/trs80/page30/page30.html

ron

Mensajepor ron » 26 Ene 2013 22:44

Ya tengo un floppy de 3 1/2" operativo como unidad 3.

Lo he conectado al interfaz para disco externo que tiene la controladora en su parte inferior. Ahora que ya es capaz de ver la unidad voy a probar a ver si lee, lo que pasa que desde PC no tengo aún controlada ninguna herramienta para volcar, seguiré probando.

Mientras tanto voy a probar a formatear un floppy desde NEWDOS/80, a ver que pasa.

ron

Mensajepor ron » 26 Ene 2013 22:59

Puedo formatear, leer, grabar, copiar y lo que quiera. Prueba superada.

De momento por hoy lo dejo ya, lo que quería lo he conseguido.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfldMzbywWM

Por si sirve de dato la unidad de 3 1/2 es DS1, supongo mañana que al meterla en el bus interno me la reconocerá como 1.

Para copiar use desde NEWDOS/80

COPY,0,3,,FMT,USD

Y disco listo y funcionando, otra cosa es que no hace boot :-( , pero mañana ya veremos.

DSCF9061.JPG

DSCF9063.JPG

DSCF9064.JPG

ron

Mensajepor ron » 26 Ene 2013 23:21

The Model 4 shipped with TRSDOS 6, an enhanced version of LDOS by Logical Systems and a vastly superior operating system to Tandys earlier TRSDOS offerings. When the Model 4 booted into TRSDOS 6 the video display switched into 80×24 mode and the entire 64KB address space was mapped as RAM. The Model 4 was also capable of running all Model 3 software when a Model 3 operating system disk was detected and loaded during bootup with a 64×16 video mode and Model 3 ROMs mapped from address zero.

The Model 4 also had the ability to display 640×240 or 512×192 high-resolution monochrome graphics with an optional board. A "luggable" version known as the Model 4P (1983) was a self-contained unit with a case design similar to that of a portable sewing machine.

JL, te dice algo esto, al intentar hacer boot con el disco de TRDOS .... no tendrá nada que ver lo que le pasa al hacer boot ?

Pues si, al hacer un POKE 16912,104 la pantalla se pone como cuando carga el TRDOS, de hecho ves que en la pantalla sucede algo pero se pinta como se ve en la foto, espero que sea por la falta de memoria, o igual es que algo hay que revisar.

El modo de 80 columnas es el que me causa eso, lo tengo más que claro y cuando le metes el POKE 16912,104 , seguramente sea algo relacionado, ahora a investigar.

He comprobado con un HIMEM la RAM y me devuelve un FFFF ( 65535 ) , pinta OK.

3.1.8 Video Circuit
The heart of the video display circuit in the Model 4P is the 68045 Cathode Ray Tube Controller (CRTC), U85 The CRTC
is a preprogrammed video controller that provides two screen formats 64 by 16 and 80 by 24 The format is controlled by pin
3 of the CRTC (8064*) The CRTC generates all of the necessary signals required for the video display These signals are
VSYNC (Vertical Sync), HSYNC (Horizontal Sync) for proper sync of the monitor, DISPEN (Display Enable) which indicates
when video data should be output to the monitor, the refresh memory addresses (MAO-MA 13) which addresses the video
RAM, and the row addresses (RAO-RA4) which indicates which scan line row is being displayed The CRTC also provides hardware
scrolling by writing to the internal Memory Start Address Register by OUTmg to Port 88H The internal cursor control of
the 68045 is not used in the Model 4P video circuit.

Since the 80 by 24 screen requires 1,920 screen memory locations, a 2K by 8 static RAM (U82) is used for the video RAM
Addressing to the video RAM (U82) is provided by the 68045 when refreshing the screen and by the CPU when updating of
the data is performed These two sets of address lines are multiplexed by three 74LS157s (U83, U84, and U104) The multiplexers
are switched by CRTCLK which allows the CRTC to address the video RAM during the high state of CRTCLK and
the CPU access during the low state A10 from the CPU is controlled by PAGE* which allows two display pages in the 64 by
16 format When updates to the video RAM are performed by the CPU, the CPU is held in a WAIT state until the CRTC is not
addressing the video RAM This operation allows reads and writes to video RAM without causing hashing on the screen
The circuit that performs this function is a 74LS244 buffer (U103), an 8 bit transparent latch, 74LS373 (U102) and a Delay
line circuit shared with Dynamic RAM timing circuit consisting Of a 74LS74 (U95), 74LS32 (U94), 74LS04 (U74), 74LSOO
(U96), 74LS02 (U75), and Delay Line (U97) During a CPU Read Access to the Video RAM, the address is decoded by the
PAL U109 and asserts VIDEO* low This is inverted by U74 (1/6 of 74LS04) which pulls one input of U96 (1/4 of 74LSOO) and
in turn asserts VWAIT * low to the CPU RD is high at this time and is latched into U95 (1/2 of 74LS74) on the rising edge of
XADR7* XADR7* is inverse of CRTCLK which drives the CRTC

ron

Mensajepor ron » 27 Ene 2013 00:52

Y estas son las respuestas a los síntomas comentados:

Upgraded my Model 4 recently: the non-gate array version is a catalog # 26-1069 (on the bottom), and would need 8 - 64K X 1 chips in U85 to U92, and one PAL (Tandy # 8075468 or Tandy PAL16L8CN 833IV) in U72.

When I used to own a model 4, the "shrinking" display issue was caused by the power supply (the power supply in the model 4 was red lined out the door; any way to save a buck, I guess). I had swapped out the radio shack power supply with one from jameco (higher wattage; beefier supply). That cured the display problems for me. The only bad thing was that the new power supply had to be mounted outside the case (sometimes I miss that old setup

Vamos a ver mañana con la RAM si sigue haciendo lo mismo, de cualquier manera indican tambien que podemos revisar el 79L05

ron

Mensajepor ron » 27 Ene 2013 00:55

Y esta parece que es la solución:

http://www.tim-mann.org/trs80faq.html#%5B18%5D

Y resulta que está todo lo que estaba buscando:

Model 4

1. Unplug all cables from the computer. Position the computer on its back panel to provide access to the case bottom. Remove the ten screws from the case bottom, noting carefully which went where for later reassembly.

2. Position the computer upright and remove the screw and washer from the top of the back panel.

3. Position the computer upright with the video screen towards you. Very carefully remove the case top, lifting straight up, looking into the case through the vent holes and the disk bay openings to be certain that you do not catch the neck (back end) of the picture tube on anything. It is all too easy to break the picture tube, a very expensive mistake. Once the tube is clear, rotate the case top 90 degrees counterclockwise and set it down to the left of the base, being careful not to overstretch the connecting cables.

4. Remove the internal metal shields as needed to gain access to the main circuit board.

5. Turn the machine on and boot it into Model III (64-column) mode. Its adequate to go into cassette Basic by holding down the Break key and pressing the orange reset button. Type enough commands to fill the screen with text.

6. Adjust the monitors horizontal sync back and forth until the picture breaks up in both directions, then set the adjustment to the middle of this range. This completes the Model III mode adjustment.

7. Insert a TRSDOS-6.x disk and boot the system to place it in 80-column mode. Type the date and then do a DIR to fill the screen edge-to-edge (if the screens unreadable, youll have to type blind).

8. Find the trimmer cap. Early (non-gate-array) versions may not have this cap; it does not appear in the Model 4 Technical Reference Manual, 1983 edition. Hopefully this video problem does not occur on those machines. On gate array machines, it should be approximately 3 inches from the left of the main circuit board when viewed from the back, and should be labelled C210.

9. Adjust the trimmer. Youll need a small pot tweaker, preferably a non-metallic one. You shouldnt have to adjust it much; its very sensitive. Turn the brightness up so you can see the whole raster pattern and set the trimmer so that the image is stable and centered in the pattern, with no bent or warped edges.

10. Turn the power off and unplug the machine.

11. Reassemble the machine -- you did pay attention to how it came apart, didnt you? Again be very careful not to damage the picture tube.

jltursan
Agradecimiento recibido: 2040 veces
Contactar:

Mensajepor jltursan » 27 Ene 2013 01:32

Hay que ver como corres...:-)

Te lo iba a decir, si al final se trataba del modo de 80 columnas, fijo que es un tema de ajuste del monitor, suelen tener los potenciómetros más o menos al alcance. A mí también me tocó hacer una serie de ajustes.

Para la disquetera de 3,5", pasa del documento en PDF ese, a mí directamente no me funcionó. Lo más cachondo es que ya la tengo montada como 0 (booteo desde ella) y la he usado para escribir sin problemas. Eso sí, todavía no me he pegado para configurarla como unidad de 720K.
¿Cómo lo he hecho?, conectándola tal cual, ni puentes, ni twists, ni leches; simplemente apañando el número de unidad y escogiendo con cuidado el modelo de disquetera, no todas funcionan.

El programa que uso para grabar los disquetes (preferiblemente los de 3,5", que no fallan) es el ImageDisk v1.18 de Dave Dunfield. Con una de las utilidades que incorpora, el DMK2IMD, puedes convertir la mayoría de los DSK que vienen en los recopilatorios.

ron

Mensajepor ron » 27 Ene 2013 02:13

SOLUCIONADO

Shakey Video in Model 4 Mode - David Dalager
If you happen to have the non-gate array mother board in your 4/4P and the video screen is "shakey" in the model 4 mode or speed and is NOT while in the model 3 mode, the video VCO (voltage controlled oscillator) which generates the 80 character by 26 line signal is probably on the edge of stability. This sometimes shows up more as the puter warms up.
On the 4P: in the front of the board, between U148 and U149 there is a variable capacitor (usually orange in color) designated C231, but you probably cant read the designation. It is about 3/8 inch in diameter, and has a whole in the top with what looks like a screw slot in the hole, you are looking at what is probably the culprit!! Using an insulated shaft TUNING tool that will fit into the hole, with the puter in the model 4 and the puter warmed up so the symptoms appear, adjust (just a WEE TAD) so the video is again stable. Do this gently or youll hate me!
On the model 4 the technique is the same, but the location is different. The capacitor is designated as C210 and located in the upper left quadrant of the board near the FDC conector, very close to U5.
There is the possibility that something else may cause the problem, but this usually accomplishes the desired result: a good working computer.

Y tocando con mucho cuidado , ya está. A mi model 4 no se pasa nada. -rofl

DSCF9071.JPG

DSCF9072.JPG

DSCF9076.JPG

DSCF9077.JPG

DSCF9079.JPG

DSCF9080.JPG

MISION CUMPLIDA; Mañana la RAM

Buenas noches, para mi super felices.

ron

Mensajepor ron » 27 Ene 2013 02:25

jltursan escribió:Hay que ver como corres...:-)

Te lo iba a decir, si al final se trataba del modo de 80 columnas, fijo que es un tema de ajuste del monitor, suelen tener los potenciómetros más o menos al alcance. A mí también me tocó hacer una serie de ajustes.

Para la disquetera de 3,5", pasa del documento en PDF ese, a mí directamente no me funcionó. Lo más cachondo es que ya la tengo montada como 0 (booteo desde ella) y la he usado para escribir sin problemas. Eso sí, todavía no me he pegado para configurarla como unidad de 720K.
¿Cómo lo he hecho?, conectándola tal cual, ni puentes, ni twists, ni leches; simplemente apañando el número de unidad y escogiendo con cuidado el modelo de disquetera, no todas funcionan.

El programa que uso para grabar los disquetes (preferiblemente los de 3,5", que no fallan) es el ImageDisk v1.18 de Dave Dunfield. Con una de las utilidades que incorpora, el DMK2IMD, puedes convertir la mayoría de los DSK que vienen en los recopilatorios.

Pues con esto y un bizcocho ahora no me pongo a hacer discos, lo dejo para mañana que es muy tarde. Pero vamos, solo queda lo de la RAM y ponerle la disketera interna, de ahí que no haga boot al estar en el bus externo. Ya la he probado con otro de los cables que tengo y ZAS ! a la primera. jiijijijji que contento toy !!!

GRACIAS JL, mira que contento me piro a sobar !!!!

-thanks

-hk -band -gathering -groupwave :-D -800 -harp

ron

Mensajepor ron » 27 Ene 2013 11:30

Hey, que ya hago BOOT desde 3 1/2", esto tiene una pinta tremenda.

Ahora tocan preparar unas cosillas y esta tarde si todo va bien, docu completo.

[UFO]

Mensajepor [UFO] » 27 Ene 2013 11:47

ron escribió:esta tarde si todo va bien, docu completo.

¡Esperándolo me hallo! -thumbup

Volver a “TRS-80”